Thursday, July 12, 2012

Our Little Coop modification.

Underneath the our little coop roost/ nest box, I had enclosed the area to give our chickens a safe place to hide during inclement weather. The ground mostly consists of a combination of dirt and pine shavings and seems to be the next best place for our chickens (next to my gardens) to enjoy a late morning dust bath. Like most of my projects, they are done as a last minute "emergency". The case was the same for enclosing this space due to late cold, windy and rainy weather this past spring. One day after work I screwed up some plywood, rather quickly, right over the already there hardware cloth, leaving the back open for fresh air. Knowingly, the day would soon come where I would need to figure out a way to get in there and clean it out. Ugh. Well today was that day! My thoughts were this: I need to make it removable, yet very secure, so I can put in place a screen "door" during the summer and an insulated door during the winter. The doors are to be held in place with 4 turn buttons. So this is what I came up with. ~ Kevin

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Other Posts You May Like