This past March we purchased four Ameraucana chicks from our local feed store and were gifted three more by our friend farmer Travis. We have been waiting very patiently to see what color eggs they were going to lay and yesterday when I noticed one of the Ameraucana girls was in the nest box I figured she was checking out her digs and getting comfortable with the egg laying process. I was not expecting her to do anything in there, so last night when I opened the nest box I was shocked to see a little blue egg nestled in with all of our brown egg layers! After a year of seeing only brown it actually startled me to find it! I have to admit I was a little bored with the eggs we were getting and I'm really looking forward to see what color eggs the other Ameraucana girls lay!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
Other Posts You May Like
-
A few months back my husband's aunt turned me on to Scentsy, a candle warming system that claims to "never release the harmfu...
-
I know, it's kind of gross. But lets be honest here, everyone who has had a child knows that they pee in their beds (and ours). When ...
-
Win a 1-Year Subscription to Backyard Poultry Magazine AND a bag of Happy Hen Treats! First, a word about our sponsors. ...
-
Happy New Year to everyone (sorry I'm a few weeks late)! I was going to hold off on posting this until the end of next year, but I ...
-
The old fashioned feeders are quickly becoming a thing of the past. Although they may still work for some, people are finding themselves ...
-
As we all know, meal worms are a great feed supplement for all poultry flocks, and they LOVE them. Thanks to companies like Happy Hen T...
-
Despite it being April and the temperatures hovering around 45 degrees, I am still clinging on to the little touches of spring that are popp...
-
Enter below for your chance to win an EcoGlow Chick Brooder from Brinsea! Enter to win: Using the form below, subscribe to our blog...
-
What you will need: Two mason jars, one small enough to fit inside the other. About 2 cups of sand or soil Ants Direction...
-
The once plentiful 22 lr rimfire ammo cartridge. With all of the latest talks of gun control, many suppliers are coming up short ...

Waiting patiently for mine to lay too! Hoping around October!
ReplyDeleteSo exciting! :)
Delete