Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pad Thai Recipe


home made pad thai recipe
The Best Pad Thai Recipe!


My husband and I both are huge fans of Pad Thai, but after many failed attempts to make it at home, I just couldn't stand the thought of tossing another botched meal in the garbage... and gave up hope. Until I found this Easy Pad Thai Recipe on Brownies For Dinner.  After reading over the ingredients and seeing how incredibly simple it was to make and pretty excited that there was no fish sauce involved *blugh*, I had to give it a try.  Third time's a charm! This really is one of the best Pad Thai recipes I have ever eaten and it's super simple and easy to throw together.  So simple that my husband asked me three times how I managed to make it so fast!

Ingredients:

  • 8 oz rice noodles (I actually used lo mein noodles because I had them in the house)
  • 2 TBS brown sugar
  • 2 TBS of fresh squeezed lime juice, and additional wedges for serving
  • 3 TBS soy sauce
  • 2 TBS vegetable oil
  • 3 scallions, diced.  White and green parts separated 
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 2 eggs 
  • 1/2 cup fresh cilantro roughly chopped 
  • 1/4 cup chopped dry roasted, salted peanuts
Directions:
  1. Cook your noodles according to the directions on the package.  
  2. In a small bowl whisk the brown sugar, lime juice and soy sauce. 
  3. Heat the vegetable oil in a medium skillet and sauté the scallions, and garlic until fragrant.  Add the eggs and scramble lightly until the eggs are almost cooked but still runny.  
  4. Add the noodles and the lime, brown sugar and soy sauce to the pan with the eggs and toss lightly.
  5. Serve the noodles in a bowl and garnish with cilantro and peanuts, lime wedges on the side.
  6. Enjoy! 


⬇   Please +1 our posts  ⬇

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Other Posts You May Like