Sunday, August 11, 2013

Our First Blue Egg!


This past March we purchased four  Ameraucana chicks from our local feed store and were gifted three more by our friend farmer Travis. We have been waiting very patiently to see what color eggs they were going to lay and yesterday when I noticed one of the Ameraucana girls was in the nest box I figured she was checking out her digs and getting comfortable with the egg laying process.  I was not expecting her to do anything in there, so last night when I opened the nest box I was shocked to see a little blue egg nestled in with all of our brown egg layers!  After a year of seeing only brown it actually startled me to find it! I have to admit I was a little bored with the eggs we were getting and I'm really looking forward to see what color eggs the other Ameraucana girls lay!! 

2 comments :

Thank you for your comment!

Other Posts You May Like