Thursday, June 6, 2013

My Luck with Growing Green Arrow peas


How to, Growing green arrow peas, wind damage, green arrow pea flower
Green Arrow Peas garden bed, flower, pea pod.
The weather this Spring has been a little crazy.  We just recently experienced some nasty winds that blew through our area and had lasted just long enough to do a little bit of damage to some of our gardens. Fortunately it didn't completely ruin everything but that is part of a gardeners life: Dealing with the unexpected.

Last year was so hot, so early, I had a terrible time trying to grow one of my favorite vegetables.  Green arrow peas are "usually" one of the easiest to grow but for some reason I haven't had much luck.   So you can understand the joy I had this morning when I went out and saw some pods hanging from the vines!  I have another area in the yard which I plan on sowing a different variety of pea there and hope it goes well. 

Cheers ~ Kevin


3 comments :

  1. I had no idea how pretty the pea plant was. I'm glad you were able to get them growing for you again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear about the peas ... I did not have such luck .. we had 4 straight days of 90+ temps and the few I had planted (I dont eat many peas), got wiped out ... on a brighter note though, the tomatoes are doing fantastic because of the heat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Other Posts You May Like