Sunday, June 24, 2012

What do Coturnix quail drink?

Earlier today I received a text message on my phone from a lady who just bought some of my quail. I just wanted to share this with you and hopefully answer this question for somebody else Natalie: "Hi,how are you? we got home and were surprised, got an egg.... :-) Also understand they can stop giving eggs because new place, food... what water do you give them?" Although a simple question, I get asked this a lot. Here is my response to here: Kevin: "That is great news!! If they stop giving eggs put a golf ball or pinging ball with them and they will start right back up. I've never had an issue with them stopping for more than a day. Water: best is clean fresh fresh tap water. When it's super hot out I mix a gallon of water with a pack of Save-A-chick. It's like poultry Gatorade with electrolytes and loaded with vitamins. Also give them once in a while a little watermelon or lettuce. They absolutely love it. You don't have to do any of this but I found if I spoil my birds they treat me well with a lot of eggs." Straight from the horses mouth! Cheers! Kevin

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Other Posts You May Like