Thursday, March 29, 2012

Are those silkies?!?!?!?!

Soooo..... we are officially crazy. Last night when we were at Tractor Supply picking up VetRx for Janis, we stopped by to peek at the chicks and noticed that they had a huge new tub of teeny tiny bantams. As we were watching them, my husband pointed out what he thought might be a silkie. Upon further investigation not only had he just found A silkie, he ended up finding four! Two buff and two white. Having just bought six new chicks the night before, I just wanted to cry when I saw them. There was no way we could buy six MORE just so I could get two silkies. I went up to the front of the store and explained to the clerk that we had just been in the night before and bought six, I had the receipt in the car, selling them to me would make my life etc. and she said... no problem. As long as they had record of us buying the minimum six, we could buy as many or as little as we wanted for the rest of the year. Apparently I didn't really need to add the part about making my life but she did seem pretty excited for me. When we got them home we were hoping that they would be big enough to put in with the few day old chicks, but they were just too small. So on his birthday when everything was just about to close, my wonderful Kevin ran out and bought another steel tub and heat lamp for them. Our garage looks like a zoo!  Our flock is finally complete! NO MORE CHICKENS!!!  If I buy more....commit me.


Buff Silky Chick
Buff Silky Chicks
Buff Silky Chicks
Buff Silky Chick
Buff Silky Chicks

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Other Posts You May Like