Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Spinach and Sausage Breakfast Strata

I love making this for two reasons.  We always have an abundance of eggs and there is nothing better than a breakfast already made when you wake up in the morning.  Everyone in my house loves this, it is great for the holidays and it is delicious!

Ingredients:
  • 16 ounces of breakfast sausage 
  • 1 onion chopped 
  • 2 cloves of garlic minced 
  • 14-16 ounces of fresh baby spinach chopped
  • 10 eggs 
  • 1 cup of half and half 
  • 4 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
  • Salt and pepper
  • 8 cups of bread cubed (I used stale bagels, wheat bread, and hot dog buns)
  • 8 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese 
Directions:
  1. Brown sausage, onion and garlic.  
  2. Add the spinach and saute.
  3. Whisk eggs, half and half, Dijon mustard and salt and pepper. 
  4. Line the bottom of a 9x11 casserole dish with half of the cubed bread.  
  5. Sprinkle the sausage, onion and spinach mixture over the top of the bread.
  6. Pour half of the egg mixture over the mixture and sprinkle with half of the cheese.  Repeat, ending with cheese. 
  7. Cover and refrigerate overnight. 
  8. Preheat your over to 350 degrees.  Bake uncovered for one hour.
  9. Once the strata is done cooking, allow the casserole to rest for around 15 minutes.  
  10. Enjoy! 

2 comments :

  1. Hey there!

    My name is Ivan, I am from Poland.

    I really like your blog and all the cute photos you got. I have a question if you don't mind :)

    If I were to come to the USA to start a farm, what state would be the best?

    I am currently working in a big city and want to change the scene.

    Thank you!

    Ivan
    http://www.aquar-system.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. If you go to this site, you will know where I work :)

    http://www.aquar-system.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Other Posts You May Like