Thursday, March 7, 2013

Cheddar Beer Lime Crock Pot Chicken






INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 lbs of chicken breasts 
  • 16 oz jar of salsa 
  • 3/4 cup of beer
  • 1/2 of an onion chopped 
  • juice of 2 limes 
  • 2 cloves of garlic minced 
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 TBS chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp paprika
  • 1/4 tsp onion powder
  • salt & pepper
  • 16 oz shredded cheddar cheese 
DIRECTIONS:
  1. Place all of your ingredients EXCEPT THE CHEESE in your crock pot, cover and cook on low for 8 hours  
  2. About an hour before your chicken is done, take two forks and shred your chicken recover.
  3. When the chicken is done, add the cheddar cheese and stir.
  4. Serve on a warm flour or corn tortilla with the toppings and sides of your choice.  I used sour cream, guacamole, and black beans for the toppings and served with cilantro lime brown basmati rice. 
  5. Enjoy!

I recently had a conversation with my best friend where she told me how busy she was and could not seem to get anything done.  Her house was suffering, she was exhausted, and most nights she just could not manage getting dinner on the table.   Sound familiar?  I asked her if she ever used her Crockpot, her response.... no....I said "No!? Girl....the crockpot is your FRIEND!! Use it!  And to make life even easier, prep your meal the night before (because seriously who has time to be prepping food during the morning kitchen rush hour).  Put everything in the crockpot, put it in the fridge and in the morning, pop it in turn it on and dinner is served!  This is one of my favorite lifesaving crockpot recipes.  

9 comments :

  1. Oh I'm SO on this; as soon as I go grocery shopping.... and you are spot on - the crock pot is a busy gal's best friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a busy gals best friend! I would like to know how you like it. Stop back if you remember :)

      Delete
  2. This recipe sounds great! I will be trying this one for sure! LOVE crockpot recipes--good advice (tell your friend we said to listen to you)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon, she did listen and couldn't believe what an amazing gem it is! Let me know how you like the recipe!

      Delete
  3. I made this today for dinner-I fed 4 teenagers that absolutely loved it and my husband said it was the best burrito that he's ever had- even the girls had seconds and requested it for lunch at school tomorrow. I really recommend this recipe! I added extra beer and other stuff too, I'm sure-I never measure ingredients precisely for this kind of cooking, and used the extra sauce to cook rice in. This is a new favorite at my house, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laureen you made my day! Thank you so much for coming back and telling me ;)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for posting this tasty recipe. I made it tonight for my family and served it with cilantro lime couscous. Yummm, rave reviews!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Other Posts You May Like